- OS: Mac OS X 10.9+, Ubuntu 14.04+
- Graphics Card: DX9 (shader model 3.0) or DX11 with feature level 9.3 capabilities
- CPU: SSE2 instruction set support
- Python 2.7 or Python 3.5+
- Linux users: X server with GLX module enabled
Installing using pip
You can install AI2-THOR using pip. Create a Python 2.7/3.5/3.6 virtual environment, and run
$ pip install ai2thor
Before running the below code, make sure X server with OpenGL is running, and the OpenGL extensions have been installed for your graphics card.
import ai2thor.controller controller = ai2thor.controller.Controller()
The first time a Controller is initialized, the game environment containing the 3D scenes will be downloaded to $HOME/.ai2thor. The size of the binary is approximately 500MB.